A Guide To Making Money In School (without a "job")
These can all be applied if you are in school they also work as side hustles for people with jobs or in uni for some extra money.
I have used every one of these methods and am sure they will work today tomorrow and in the future.
Stay till the end the last two are the easiest way to make some extra money and the hardest with the most reward.
The good thing about school is you are selling to people you already know. That means you can sell exactly what they want. No guesswork needed.
Personally, I made a lot of money this way. My friend Joe and I would go down to bargain buys after school and pick up sweets, drinks, lollies, and crisps. Fortunately for us, the school didn't sell anything sweet so if anyone wanted their sugar fix they had to come to us.
This became so popular that I would sell out of everything that I bought before the first or second lesson. We then had to move up in the game we started bringing in two bags to school. One with school stuff and one just filled with food to sell.
This is a great place to start making some decent money in your spare time. It's also very scalable so the more money you want to make the more you bring to school, easy.
- Don't shout about it. Obviously, you want people to know about what you are selling but not all schools will approve. Don't let the teachers catch you losing your stock will be a big blow to your efforts.
- Sell on the same place day to day. Having a spot that people know you will be is important so they can keep coming back for more and more.
- Ask your schoolmates what they want.
- Adapt to the market. Changing your products to sell different things in the summer and winter is important. Ice lollies in the summer.
Want to know more about selling in school see full article --> Selling in School
If you have ever heard of supreme you may have heard of the reselling community. A reselling is someone that gets products that are in demand or exclusive and sells them at a profit to people that didn't manage to get one when they were sold.
I mentioned Supreme, this is a massive market for reselling. Because of the exclusivity of products people still want them when supreme sell out so people go to third-party sites like eBay to buy it at sometimes ridiculous prices.
Personally, I have had most of my success with supreme and sneakers these are always good options.
- Start off small. Don't go out and blow all your money straight away. Take your time to learn what is selling and what you can make a good profit on.
- Work with friends. Business is always more fun with others and waiting on lines for products is no fun on your own. Having parents also ups your chances of getting exclusive products.
If you sell stuff in school, what are you doing after school or on the weekend there is no reason you can't stack these jobs and really start making some good money. At one point I was doing 5 out of these 6 things at the same time.
3. Paper Round
This one is pretty self-explanatory. If you can get a paper round in your area you are laughing. Get a bike and a paper round and you are well on your way to making money for only a small amount of work.
- Get a bike/skateboard so you can do it in a fraction of the time.
- See if you can make money on the way. Walk your dog or a neighbors dog on your paper round and you'll start stacking the cash.
Social media it's not going anywhere so let's make some money with it. You can grow your own following of course but being young this might be trickLet'sets do what all the big profiles do.
Repost the most popular content on to your profile. Give the creator credit and you have a viral profile with amazing content from some of the best accounts. Sound easy?
It is, then sell the account or promote to your audience, easy!
- Keep it interesting for you. Don't post about the hot thing now because you will get bored of it quick. Make your account about something you care about.
- Be patient. It does take time to grow an audience, you have a lot to learn but you'll get the hang of it.
- Cross-platform. This works everywhere, Instagram, facebook, twitter wherever you can build an audience.
Another simple one. Chores for money.
Personally, my parents didn't believe in money for chores we have our pocket money and that was that. But my aunt always needed help with something so I'd ring her up and ask what she needed help with and when and id go over after school or weekends to help her for some chore money. Babysitting is also good money if you can get it, if you are reading this I'm sure you are more than capable of some babysitting.
- Money is nice but you are young. Don't spend all your day slaving away make sure you enjoy yourself!
This one is hard don't get me wrong but if you do it well. This could be the rest of your life. I don't think this one even need explaining. Make videos and upload them for the world to see. Make money from ads and stay tuned on this blog for more ways to make money on youtube.
- Don't look at the numbers. Views don't matter they just get you down. enjoy what you are making and just keep making indefinitely. Then when you look up you'll be making more money than you know what to do with.
- If you need to build confidence first record something every day. Don't upload it if you don't want but making something daily will grow your confidence like you won't believe.
1. Selling In School
Start here you don't need a lot of money start selling in your spare time.
Once you have a bit of money behind you start selling bigger items for more profit.
3. Paper Round
When you are not selling. Paper round & dog walking to double the cash.
Not technically an influencer but grow accounts with popular peoples content and then make money from that account.
Wherever you can help someone else for money do it. Simple.
This is money for the long term. Do some of the others first and as you go upload videos consistently and this then could make you a very good amount on more after school and in the future.
Lastly please stack these as I mentioned I was doing 5 at a time at one point in my life I felt like a king not going to lie. Good luck and make sure to follow the blog for more like this. Comment below if you have any questions.